Amazing Benefits of Mulberry You Should Know
Mulberries are refreshingly sweet, tart and delicious. Mulberries are most popular because of their taste and incredible health-promoting capabilities. In Chinese medicine, the mulberry is highly valued for its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial effects. The Mulberry ensures a healthy cardiovascular system and effectively acts as an anti-aging agent. Although mulberries look like a blackberry and taste similar to a grapefruit but they have unique nutrient combination. Mulberries provide an impressive range of health-promoting vitamins, fiber, minerals and antioxidants.
Mulberries thrive on fast-growing trees. There are hundreds of species of mulberry trees around the world.There are lots of colored mulberries from black to purple , red to white. The taste of each color may be different, the black and red mulberry are very sweet, juicy and have intense flavor than the other varieties. The leaves of the white mulberry tree are used for breeding of silk winding. Therefore, white mulberries spread on landscapes, schoolyards around worldwide.
Health Benefits of Mulberry
Mulberries have good source of vegetable protein which is an extreme rarity in the fruits. Mulberries make health-promoting phytonutrient compounds such as polyphenol pigments, antioxidants, minerals and vitamins during their maturation.
Mulberries have significantly high amounts of phenolic phytochemicals and thus have an impact on the development of cancer, aging, neurological diseases, inflammation, diabetes and bacterial infections.
The high concentration of the antioxidant resveratrol in the mulberry lowers the risk of stroke by changing the molecular mechanisms of the blood vessels: The activity of angiotensin (a hormone that causes narrowing of blood vessels, leads to blood pressure increases) is reduced and increases the production of the vasodilator nitric oxide. This resveratrol ensures a healthy blood flow and reduces the susceptibility to damage to the blood vessels.
Mulberry is also an excellent source of vitamin C , thereby it protects against inflammation, helps to develop the body resistance against infectious agents and intercepts harmful free bacterias.
Mulberries are not only excellent in taste , they have unique storage of nutrients.
Mulberries provide vitamins A, C, E, K and a row of B-vitamins.
- Vitamin C protects the body against viruses and bacteria and among other things, accelerates wound healing, lowers cholesterol and increases the natural life of the cells.
- The vitamin K is a fat-soluble vitamin is stored in the liver and adipose tissue of the body. It promotes blood clotting and helps to ensure optimal bone health.
- The B vitamins play an important role as co-factors and support the body in the metabolism of carbohydrates, proteins and fats.
Mulberries are an excellent source of cell supporting minerals and deliver the hematopoietic iron, calcium for bone-strengthening, manganese, magnesium and potassium for regulating blood pressure.
Iron is essential for healthy function of red and white blood cells, promotes muscle performance and ensures a robust immune system. A lack of iron is one of the most common nutrient deficiencies and affects about 70% of women.
Calcium for bone-strengthening additionally supports the proper functioning of nerves, muscles and blood clotting. Mulberries are very rich in this importan minerals which helps to children for building strong bones and teeth.
The contained fiber in the mulberry :
- Stimulates the digestive system
- Promotes the growth of “friendly” bacteria in our intestines (and thus avoid infections such as Candida)
- Promotes a healthy bowel movement
- Prevent constipation
- Slow down the absorption of carbohydrates
Mulberries have a lot of powerful antioxidants which they help to :
- Reduce cholesterol levels,
- Reduce the risk of cancer and heart disease,
- Strengthen our immune system
- Help the signs of aging delay.
- A diet rich in antioxidants damage to cellular DNA and cell membranes can be reduced and this helps to prevent from a variety of diseases.
- Mulberries deliver high concentrations of special antioxidant resveratrol. It acts in the body as a natural antibiotic and wards off the attack of bacteria and fungi. At the same , it protects cardiovascular system , lowers blood sugar levels and reduces the risk of cancer and Alzheimer’s.
Mulberries additionally contain a generous amount of anthocyanins. Anthocyanins are flavonoids that have antiviral, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties and demonstrably reduce the risk of heart disease and stroke, inhibit the growth of tumors, promote blood circulation and improve our eyesight.
What Are The Benefits of Mulberries
Mulberries protect the skin from the unwelcome signs of aging. The antioxidant beta-carotene in mulberry protects skin against damage from free radicals. These free radicals destroy skin cells and cause wrinkles and fine lines. The antioxidant vitamins A, C and E tighten the skin, ensure the strength and elasticity of the skin by stimulating the production of collagen and elastin.
- Mulberries eliminate dark stains on skin : Mulberries help melanin synthesis of the skin to regulate and support in a very natural way the rejuvenation process. During this process, the inner layer of the epidermis forms a protective sheath and thus absorbs the UV rays and inhibits its penetration. This spots and other abnormalities of the skin are removed and the skin becomes pure and smooth.
- Mulberries help to prevent dry skin: A dry skin is often caused by a lack of vitamin A, E and the healthy essential fatty acids. Mulberries deliver exactly these vitamins and also help the production of body fluids and moisture balance. This dehydration of the skin is prevented and this is supplied with moisturizing nutrients.
- Mulberries prevent premature graying: When the human body ages, the melanin production decreases and hair eventually become gray. Mulberries promote the hair follicle melanin production and thus ensure a longer preservation of the natural hair color.
- Mulberries prevent hair loss : The iron content in mulberry helps to carry oxygen to the hair follicles. Too little iron (anemia) is a major cause of hair loss, particularly among women. The vitamin C of mulberries promotes blood circulation of the scalp.The thinning of hair and hair loss can be avoided, and scalp is supplied with essential nutrients.
- Mulberries against dandruff : Mulberries are rich in vitamin A. This vitamin supports the production of oils that nourish the scalp and this eliminate annoying dandruff.
- Mulberries against cancer : Mulberries contain large amounts of antioxidant resveratrol. The resveratrol is a potent phytonutrient and actively combats the damage of free radicals. According to some studies show us that resveratrol is able to prevent cancer. It protects against the emergence, spread and inhibits the growth of prostate cells and tumors.
- Mulberries for healthy blood: Mulberries are known to improve blood circulation, reduce inflammation and help to lower blood pressure. This reduces developing blood clots , strokes and heart attacks. Mulberries also help to alleviate the symptoms of anemia, have effect on cholesterol lowering and prevent the emergence of many heart diseases.
- Mulberries control blood sugar levels : Mulberries contain compounds that support balanced sugar and glycemic control in diabetic patients. Mulberries also prevent sudden rise and fall in blood sugar levels, thereby help to prevent dangerous complications of diabetes patients.
- Mulberries for better recovery : Mulberry juice is mainly used for postoperative patients to benefit. It accelerates the healing, improves circulation and prevents the onset of infections. Mulberry juice is often used to speed up recovery after birth and decay to inflammation after surgery. Mulberries also strengthen the kidneys and help to balance the liver.
- Mulberries strengthen the immune system : Mulberries are very rich in vitamin C and flavonoids. Both ingredients act as natural immune boosters and reduce the risk of the emergence of a flu, coughs and colds.
- Mulberries improve eyesight : Mulberries contain plenty of vitamin A. This vitamin improves vision. Vitamin A protects the eyes as against free radicals, which are a common cause of vision loss and retinal degeneration.
How to consume Mulberries
Fresh mulberries should be consumed at room temperature within 1 day, otherwise they will perish.They are kept in refrigerator and their their storage life is about 2-3 days.